Are you trying to monetize your blog with video ads? Then we’ll explain to you how!
Video advertising is the technique of presenting advertisements inside online video content or as independent advertisements. The vast majority of video advertisements are bought, sold, and shown programmatically using different targeting approaches, and may also contain interactive components.
There are three types of video ads:
- Linear video advertising: these are shown before, during, or after the video program.
- Non-linear video adverts: these display alongside video content, so consumers see the ad while watching the video.
- Companion advertising: these are text, graphics, or rich media that do not interfere with the video experience.
This type of advertising is one of the most common methods of reaching out to internet audiences. According to experts, video advertising will dominate the next decade, so now is an excellent moment for marketing professionals to learn more about it and study how it may increase their campaign reach and overall performance.
So, now that you know how important video ads are in the present day, then you probably want to know how to be able to use them on your blog and increase your income. For that, you’ll need to use an ad network that provides you with the videos.
These platforms pool ad inventory from various supply sources and link them with demand sources searching for ad space. An ad network’s supply sources are generally applications from publishers and developers. They serve as a technical and commercial go-between for advertisements and publications.
There are tons of ad networks online for you to use, but not all of them work the same way. Because of this, you need to be careful with which one you use so you don’t end up losing time and money. These platforms’ differences vary between ad formats, ways of paying, and how much engagement you need to access their website. For example, Google Adsense takes weeks to approve your site or blog, but some other platforms accept you right away.
If you want to only try video ads and see if they fit your blog, then we recommend using an ad network easy to manage and that doesn’t give you many problems. With that in mind, we highly believe that MediaFem is perfect for you since it’s made for small publishers or people who want to improve their income with ads.
One of their most popular ad formats is video ads, and they give you the best ones for you to gain even more money than before. To use it, you have to:
- Go to www.mediafem.com and click the “Sign up” option.
- Enter your name, Website URL or Download URL (only for mobile apps), email address, and password into the form. Remember to agree to their terms and privacy policies by clicking the checkbox at the bottom.
- After making your account and being approved by the platform, you will enter your dashboard. There, go to ‘Ad units’ → ‘Add ad unit’ and select ‘video in-stream (from VAST player)’ from the list.
- You save your changes after checking the information requested and that’s it! Your blog will start to display video ads and you’ll receive money every time someone engages with it.
More About This Platform
MediaFem is a 12-year-old ad network that connects content websites with advertisers using programmatic platforms and then charges a fee depending on the software’s on-site revenue. Publishers receive 70% of the money collected by the service through this platform. These percentages remain consistent regardless of a publisher’s geographic region and are never averaged across publishers.
Also published on Medium.